~ Fans LGDC <3 ~ Index du Forum

~ Fans LGDC <3 ~
Si vous êtes fan ? Bah inscrivez-vous ! =)

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Thousands of Scheduled Moving Caravans! How to optimize?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ~ Fans LGDC <3 ~ Index du Forum -> ~ Hors RP -> ~ Flood
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
jamespotter

MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Mai - 05:37 (2018)    Sujet du message: Thousands of Scheduled Moving Caravans! How to optimize? Répondre en citant

Hi,

We are developing an MMORTS.Our use case is players each would be controlling a city and can mark their trade carts or armies to move at a path across other cities.So imagine a player 'JOHN' can mark his caravan to move to and for between twenty cities .Sicne each of the city is controlled by other player I want to have some approximate updates to caravan position so that each player of thsoe twenty cities can notice or get a notification about caravan currently arriving in his city, now is in his city and is now leaving the city. Using MMOAPI I would need to periodically update position of caravan to next city say every 5 minutes. (5 minutes is time to go from one city to another , therefore total journey is more 100 minutes.)Now I would be very thankful if you can suggest way to update position of caravan every 5 minutes. As this is a mmorts we need solution to be scalable once there are 100's 1000's of caravans .Eventually the journey times may scale upto multiple days.What I thought?I thought of making a table in db where I can list starting time of each caravan and then run a scheduled task every minute to check from that table and update the positions of caravans which are listed in that table. 
Will this be scalable and right approach?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References: 
https://www.smartfoxserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20183
Digital production service

Thanks

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Mai - 05:37 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ~ Fans LGDC <3 ~ Index du Forum -> ~ Hors RP -> ~ Flood Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation